X'mas Orange Yogurt Cupcakes


Wanted to get my mom a X'mas present. Since she likes orange colour and likes to eat orange cake, I decided to make her orange cupcakes. As X'mas is around the corner, I need to look for a easy and fast to make, no mixer required orange cake recipe. Among all that I have searched, this Martha stewart's recipe post is one that fits my requirement:

Ingredients: (make 15 small cupcakes)
1 cup all purpose flour(I used 1/3 cup top flour + 2/3 cup cake flour)
1/2 cup 2 tsp caster sugar (I only used 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt (equivalent to 1 cup of Meiji low fat plain yogurt)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Zest and juice from 1/2 orange
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

1 orange (segmented)
Icing sugar for dusting

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Pour yogurt, oil, egg, vanilla essence, orange zest and juice in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients gradually till well mixed.
5. Fill each cup 3/4 full. Top with orange segment.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, till skewer comes out clean.
7. Let cool on wire rack.
8. Dust cupcakes with icing sugar.

Verdict: this recipe is good for beginner like me. It did not fail me although it was my first attempt. I modified a little if you compared. I like the soft and moist texture. Will definitely bake this again next time. Hope my mom likes it too.

Although it's not very creative, but it's christmasy. Therefore I have submitted this post to Aspiring bakers: #14: Christmas creative bakes(dec 2011) hosted by hankerie and White Christmas by very good recipes.

Comments

  1. Thks for pointing out Alex. I did put the link but I notice it has automatically went to my home page and just now When added again , it went to very good recipes home page.. Maybe There's some problem with the automated link..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts